Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer Days

Bethany has been teething for the past couple of days. That always makes things interesting. She is getting four new teeth that we can see/feel. She's had her six current teeth forever. It's been quite a few months since she got any new teeth. I guess they all decided to come at once.

She's finding more and more things to get into. Today, while Shane was in the bathroom, she got into my make-up drawer and took out my moisturizer. It's a favorite of hers to play with. However, on this particular day, she decided to take it into her room instead of just play in our bedroom. She managed to unscrew the lid. And Shane found her sitting in her rocking chair spreading moisturizer all over her belly. She's got good taste by going after the Mary Kay moisturizer, but I'd rather save it for the face. I have a feeling this is only a taste of what's to come.


Playing Peek-a-Boo in the closet.

She learned to drink out of a straw at Avanti's.
She was very pleased with herself. Now all she wants to do is drink out of a straw.
She finally has her very own pool that we set up last week. Notice she's standing on one foot. She doesn't like the grass.
She wasn't sure about being in the pool. She held onto the side and didn't go anywhere for awhile. Then she discovered she could splash just like in the bathtub.
After she discovered the splashing, she realized she could lick the water off of her hand. She still won't let go of the side. I guess I'll have to get in there with her and show her how to use a swimming pool.She will point to the mirror and say, "Baby!" She was giving the baby kisses.

She had to try on daddy's shoes. What can I say? Shoes, make-up: she's such a girl.

0 comments: