Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Zoo and Memorial Day Weekend

We just got a new camera, so we had to get the new software loaded. Otherwise, I would have posted sooner. I'm sure you'll see a big difference in the quality of the pictures. ;)

Bethany is such a daddy's girl. When he came home today, she was just finishing up supper. As soon as daddy left the kitchen, she was done eating and had to get down. Well daddy had to mow the lawn tonight, so he was outside, by the time she got in the living room. She walked into the room saying, "Dada? Dada?" When she discovered he wasn't there, she was not happy. She came in crying to me, and I told her that daddy had to go outside, and we could go out after I fixed supper. She proceeded to go back into the living room and then bring me her jacket. She was ready to go outside NOW to see daddy. Luckily, she got to watch him for a little bit from the window, but she was very relieved when he finally came inside.

Also, she doesn't like the feel of grass. We put her down with bare feet. And she picks up one foot and crooks the other leg. She stands there and won't move. She looks like a flamingo. At least it encourages her to walk outside.


Playing around the first day we had the new camera.

I think she looks a lot like me in this picture.
Last week we went to the Bloomington zoo with Angie, Trevor, and Clara. We'll have to start a collection of this same picture, just different visits.
Bethany took her first ride on the carousel. I think she liked it. It made me a little dizzy. I feel so old!
She liked the meerkats. This little guy was running back and forth in front of the glass, and Bethany enjoyed following him back and forth.

Trying on daddy's shoes while taking a drink. She's talented.
On Saturday we went to Elijah's birthday party. He turned 3.
Bethany with her great-grandmas.

The birthday boy, Shane, and Bethany.Bethany liked the baby ducks.Shane with a lap-full. We gave Elijah some 'Cars' pajamas. As soon as he opened the box, he wanted to put his new shirt on. He wouldn't open anything more until he had the shirt on. You can see it in the picture. I guess we picked a winner.Bethany got to pet the duckling. She looks like we're torturing her, but I think she enjoyed it.

On Memorial Day we went to cookout at my grandparent's.

Kissing cousins. Bethany and Carly.Bethany sporting her Elton John look.Adam brought his new toy for everyone to try. Amanda was giving rides the kiddos.Carly and Bethany in the bike. Bethany seemed very suspicious of Carly. I don't know why. She hadn't done anything. I guess Bethany doesn't like competition in the cute market.

0 comments: